Thursday, August 13, 2009

Leaving on Saturday

Hey everyone (whoever may actually read this!)
As you all know I'm leaving for Africa- for the next four months- this Saturday!!!
So I've just been packing and unpacking and re-packing like crazy! I have one bag that weighs 43 pounds, and is beyond huge, and another which is so far un-weighed, but full of only toiletries and medicine.

So- typical of my life- this week has been spent not only doing last minute shopping- but going to the dentist four times, because I got a cavity filled (that was not hurting at ALL) and after getting it filled I was rendered unable to chew! So now that that is finally sorted out my CD drive in my computer breaks!!!

Hopefully the trip to Johannesburg, where we have a one week orientation and SOWETO home stay(http://www.joburg.org.za/content/view/920/159/) will be slightly less eventful!
I hope you all have a great rest of summer and enjoy this coming fall, and continue to check out my blog, as I promise it will get more exciting once I'm actually in Africa!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read the updates! Have a great trip. Be safe and come back and tell us all about it.
    -RJ

    ReplyDelete